Creating a Great Landing Page Design
Starting Your Landing Page Design
Landing pages are great for informing visitors, converting them to customers, and generating valuable leads. However, in a world with so many products and web pages, how do you get your landing page to stand out and, more importantly, be successful?
Here’s a quick guide to help you design your landing page to be effective and look great.
Types of Landing Pages
First, you need to know what kind of landing page design you want to create. There are two major types of landing page designs that work towards different goals:
Click through: The goal of a click through landing page is to get the visitor to, you guessed it, click through the page and continue onto a new page. For many click through landing pages, the destination is to move them towards a registration or a purchase.
Lead Generation: Lead generation landing pages are meant to collect data from visitors, whether it’s a name, email, phone number, or any other information. Typically, a lead generation landing page design includes a form for the visitor to opt-in and give their information.
Make It Great
After you decide what type of landing page you want to create, you have to make it functional and good looking. Here are some tips for making a good landing page design great:
- Work with your ads: you need to make your landing page design compliment your ads to create a cohesive message. Here’s a guide on how to do that effectively.
- Bold CTA: your Call to Action is essential for your landing page. You need the CTA to be large, bold, and to the point, so visitors can see it, and give you the information you need.
- Locate CTA above the fold: placing your CTA above the fold allows for visitors to see your most compelling component first.
- Appropriate copy: Using the right tone of copy is imperative to launching a successful landing page. You can find success with a short or long amount of copy, depending on the product and your goals.
- Use videos: Putting a video on your landing page has proven to increase the conversion rate. So, if you have a video for your company, a landing page is a great place to put it.
- Align conceptually: Giving your landing page a cohesive design is critical to keeping visitors on the page. Make sure each component of the landing page adds to the total design.
A/B Test It
After your landing page design is complete, you need to start looking for improvement. A/B testing allows you to troubleshoot changes you’d like to make to your landing page design, so you can verify the effectiveness of the change.
A/B testing can help you improve many different aspects of your landing page, such as:
- CTA locations
- Copy length or tone
Launching these tests and making these improvements will help you create a strong and converting landing page design.
For more about landing pages, contact the website specialists at HubRunner.