Does Your SEO Strategy Get Your Company Noticed?
In this day and age, almost everyone uses an internet search when they are looking for a product, location, or pretty much anything. When searching, it is only natural that people are more likely to click on the sites that turn up at the top of the page.
Pages are generally ranked by relevance to the keyword searched, but there are other factors that go into the rankings as well. Using the proper SEO strategy can get your company noticed.
- Concentrate on keywords. When coming up with an SEO strategy, start with the most important part – the keywords. Many popular searches are made using only one word, or a two- or three-word phrase. However, if you are selling a very specific product or trying to reach a unique niche, a longer and more detailed keyword phrase may be appropriate to use in SEO optimization. There are websites and applications that can help you find the best, highest-searched keywords in your niche.
- Ensure fresh, quality content. Do not go cheap and easy when hiring writers, or producing content. When a site has poorly written blogs or descriptions, the public cannot take it seriously. Therefore, an important SEO strategy is to always make sure the written content on your site makes sense, is informative and entertaining and is free of grammatical errors. Also be sure to change it up often, and offer new information regularly.
- Use photos and graphics. No matter what type of business or product you have to offer, consumers want to see it, not just read about it. Adding images to break up the content, and to draw interest is an excellent SEO strategy.
- Maintain a social media presence. A lot of people want to connect with companies and businesses, and with others who use the same products, or go to the same restaurants. The easiest way to do this is through social media. Keep your accounts up to date, and they can bring in more customers as well, and help your regulars to stay informed about your business.
- Solicit backlinks. Obviously, the more websites, blogs, news releases, etc., refer back to your site, the more traffic will be directed there. This SEO strategy requires that you do some outreach, asking other writers and companies to use your name and share links to your site. In some cases, you can work out a deal in which you reciprocate with links to their sites as well.
- Create meta tags. Meta tags can drive up traffic to your website as well. This extra content, which is encoded into the HTML of a website, provides another route to use keywords and provide descriptions and other information about what you have to offer. This is one SEO strategy that may sometimes be overlooked.
Using the proper SEO strategy can put you in the public eye by driving your site to the top of internet search results. Do not be discouraged if your implemented plans that do not produce immediate success. It can take time to build.