What Is SEO Blog Writing, and How Can it Help You?
Business websites can be boring if there is no personal touch involved. That is where blogging can often come into play. Of course, the blogs must be interesting and well-written, but another way to draw traffic to your site is by making sure the blogs are produced with SEO – search engine optimization – in mind. So what is SEO blog writing? It involves several key components, and once you know what you are doing, it is not as complicated as it may sound.
How do you do it? Here’s how:
- Come up with keywords that represent your product or service. Brainstorm and perhaps even conduct studies (or hire a company or individual to do so) to find out what people are searching for, in your related field. It may be basic one- to two-word searches, or some may be more specific and involved.
- Use those keywords frequently, but not too frequently, in your website’s blogs. What is SEO blog writing? Among other things, it requires producing original content that contains the words and phrases people are searching, but in a way that flows well and makes sense. Just typing the phrases repeatedly without any meaning behind them will not work.
- Utilize social media. Twitter is especially good for connecting with other reputable businesses. You can comment on tweets, or use other companies’ usernames in your tweets. If they retweet or favorite, it will help you to get on the map, and your name will start showing up in search engines. When sharing your blog, you want to make it visible to as many people as possible.
- Try to get other businesses to link to your blogs. Besides delving into use of SEO, backlinks will help drive traffic to your blog. If another company, especially a well-established and respectable one, backlinks to your SEO-rich blog, it can help boost your numbers, and push you even higher in search engine rankings. The more successful you are, obviously, the more other companies will want to associate with you, and the more consumers you will attract.
- Make your blogs interesting. The most important part of SEO blog writing is to ensure that people will want to read your content once they get there. All the SEO in the world will not be successful if your blogs are boring or contain false information; likewise if the blog links do not work. Spice up your blog entries even more with photos, videos, links to apps or other useful tools, etc.
However, SEO success also requires making your site look good and function well, and connecting on a personal and professional level.
Never overlook the importance of original and accurate blogs. Read more about how to write a blog, the keyword focused approach, and become a blogging expert!
Free eBook: Market Your Product Like a Pro