HubRunner Picks: Learn More about SEO
With 1/3 of search result clicks going to top organize result, the need to perform well in an organic search has never been more crucial. The fact that we, as consumers in a primarily digital age, turn to search engine sites such as Google, Bing or Yahoo to gather and resource information dictates the way many businesses market and communicate their product…and why we need it!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an ever-changing industry that has come a long way since the early days of shady, back room deals in order to boost a company online presence. Steve Olenski, Media and Marketing contributor for Forbes Magazines, explains that “…it (SEO) remains one of the single most important components of any organization’s branding efforts and online presence.”
Once the best SEO practices are put into place the return is highly recognizable but it can get tricky in the infinite realm of the World Wide Web. Therefore, we have outlined a few reasons why SEO is so effective and why a company should use it in order to reach their full online potential!
The discussion surrounding the best SEO practices stems from a company’s desire to booth online value and visibility; it creates a sense of authority for you company’s web presence in a digital medium. Greg Orelind, of The Alexa Blog (Amazon), recommends that keeping the goals of search engine companies in mind. Those are to keep people coming back by displaying the best, highest quality results for any given search query.
He suggests two highly effective strategies in order to do so:
- Make sure that the pages of your site have the best, highest-quality content for keywords relevant to your site strategies
- Make sure that Google and other search engines are aware that #1 is true. (Orelind, Alexa: 2014)
Quality Experience: It’s a popular mindset in the business world, “dress for success”…the same goes for your online media sites. Make sure your site is free from spam, excessive ads, deceptive seeming links, etc.-anything that could cause your site to appear tacky and not reputable or professional. Being mobile friendly is another way to boost your user experience and maximize web traffic on from mobile searches.
Quality Content: Web based context, or copy, is most effective when original, clearly written, and relevant to the user’s search query. Web pages should be focused on individuals’ topics, not keywords, and which phrases you want SEO’s to use in order to rank you company online. As usage patterns emerge, search engines can differentiate fairly accurately between what visitors find engaging, quality content and what they don’t. Considering that content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, but generates about 3 times as many leads, proves that SEO is both beneficial and effective without risky side effects.
In his analysis regarding SEO trends within the past few years, Steve Olenski stated that focusing on performing methodic SEO strategies and creating an optimal user experience will create a better reward.
A higher position within the SEO community will naturally increase organic online traffic, and help your website perform better. It’s not easy work, by any means, but it’s worth it in the long run if you want effective results for your website.
Here are a few of his reasons why SEO is so effective and why a company should invest in their online search presence:
Free eBook: Market Your Product Like a Pro
- Search engines grab more market share: Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase. It won’t be long before virtually everyone is searching for products and services online. If you are not visible to the online world, then people will simply turn to your competitors!
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization: Later this year, the amount of traffic delivered to mobile devices is expected to exceed that delivered to traditional desktop devices. With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging: With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines change the way they look at websites. Things which didn’t exist a few years ago, such as social media indicators, are now given fairly high importance in terms of their impact on your rankings.
- Your competitors are doing it: If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. Don’t let your competitors out maneuver you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
Due to its effectiveness and high user frequency search engine sites is leading the way in future marketing practice standards for small and large business alike. Erika Machin of Titan SEO outlines five reasons why SEO is so beneficial and should be taken advantage of by serious businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Increased Traffic: Having optimized tags and descriptions helps to increase click through rate, which also promotes increases in qualified web traffic. Top positions on the search engine result pages receive a majority of the impressions and clicks, so ranking in these top positions can result in significant traffic increases for your website.
- ROI: SEO agencies are able to track nearly every aspect of their strategy, like increases in rankings, traffic and conversions. SEO provides trackable and quantifiable results, regardless of whether you are an e-commerce or non-eCommerce site so there are no qualms when it comes to ROI.
- Cost Effectiveness: since SEO targets users who are actively searching for specific products and services, the traffic resulting from SEO is more qualified than many other marketing strategies, resulting in cost-savings for companies. SEO’s inbound nature helps businesses save money as opposed to outbound strategies like cold-calling.
- Increased Usability: SEO consists of rearranging the site’s architecture and links to make pages within the website easier to find and navigate. This not only makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site and find pages, but also makes it easier for users to find information on your website as well.
- Brand Awareness: Being on the first page for your targeted keywords not only helps users to associate your brand with those keywords, but it instills trust, since companies on the first page are generally perceived to be more trustworthy. That significant first impression, having your website in these top positions on the result pages, translates to more exposure for your website.