HubRunner Picks: Improve Your Business Facebook Page
About 80% of these users are outside USA and Canada. As consumers move more and more towards a social media platform to gain information regarding what they should buy and who they should invest in, a company’s online presence is even more necessary, if not mandatory, to operate successfully.
Although, it’s not as simple as creating a page and accumulating “likes”. Enhancing business clientèle includes building a savvy social media presence frequent updates in order to keep one relevant and progressive. We narrowed down a few of our favorite Facebook tips to keep your business from entering into a social media standstill.
According to Alison Savory, of HubSpot Blogs, outlines four ways to maximize your company’s Facebook presence with strategy and structure. This includes your company brand reach, engagement, technical construction, and reputation, whether you’re running a small local start-up or a multi-million dollar corporation.
- Increase Your Reach: The reach of your Facebook page includes the number of fans and growth of your followers. Add a page on your website that highlights your presence in social media as well as social media follow buttons so site visitors can easily find and ‘like’ and ‘share’ you on Facebook. This will help capture both your existing fans and customers as well as expand your reach to their networks.
- Engage Your Followers: Engagement on Facebook includes both the frequency and relevancy of how you share content. Engagement can be measured by the number of times you post content to Facebook and the number of response comments and ‘likes’ you receive from your fans. The goal of your posts should be to inform and spark a conversation with and amongst your fans. Use the information you gather from Facebook Insights (Facebook’s built-in analytic s tool) to replicate success in the future. Try posting content that incorporates different topics, writing styles, tones, and formats to see which type of content generates the most reactions from your audience.
- Optimize the Technical Structure of Your Page: Make sure your brand’s name is located in the vanity URL, page title, and body copy of your Facebook page. Also, remember to link your website to your Facebook page to drive more visitors. Be strategic about the placement of the ‘like’ and social sharing buttons on your website, and be sure to add them to your email messages and blog posts as well.
- Monitor and Manage Your Reputation: In order to determine how valuable your participation with Facebook is for the success of your business, it is important to be aware of and active in any discussions taking place on your page. Your Facebook page is a way to connect and interact with your fans, and you need to uphold your end of the deal. Monitoring your Facebook page can be just as critical as creating and contributing to it.
- Identify Goals and Objectives: Know what you are going after, know how each platform works, what audience you are wanting to reach and what your objectives are!
- Link your profile to your website and vice versa: Link your Facebook profile to your website. Just like you want to provide links on your website to your profiles, you also want to link to your website so people can easily learn more about your company.
- Create an integrated social media strategy: You want to make sure the Facebook network you are involved in serves a purpose. Make sure to include all events, blog posts, important dates, etc., regarding your business is on this marketing calendar
- Optimize your social media accounts: Use keywords! Use the keywords you would expect to use with Google to search for your business and make sure to incorporate those into your posts.
- Go further in customer service: Make sure if someone vocalizes a problem on our Facebook page you go above and beyond to help them reach a conclusion. If you do this via Facebook, it will show you are doing your best to provide them with as much help as possible and they will realize you are a good person with a good business, even if you aren’t speaking with them directly. This will make them want to come back.
- Create the hub for your business: Your page makes you discoverable, connected, timely and insightful! Your Page is an extension of your business. It’s an easy way to share updates and more with the people who matter most. It’s ready to help you engage your customers on desktop and on mobile.
- Think about who you would like to meet and introduce yourself: Invite friends, share your page and attract your businesses contacts! It’s not only about the number of likes. It’s more important to genuinely connect with the people you engage with on Facebook. If you do, they’ll help tell your story.
- Make your business come alive: Be authentic, responsive and consistent. Do what works and make successful posts into successful promotions. Success starts with creating page posts and ads that are interesting and valuable to your customers—and targeting your messages so the right people see them.
- Connect with more people who matter to your businesses: Create ads and fine tune target marketing; you can maximize the return on your investment by creating ads for specific audiences.
- Find out what is working well so you can maximize every post and ad: Use Facebook Insights to keep up to date on your page activity and understand who responds to your messages. Marketing your business is all about helping you achieve your goals.
Follow these helpful tips to improve your business Facebook page today. Check out our previous HubRunner Picks post about how to improve your social media presence, and let us know what you think.